The new asmartplace brand was relaunched last fall. Over the past year, asmartplace.com has seen a 50% increase in site sessions which is exciting news, especially as web traffic doesn’t appear to be slowing down.
Companies and hiring managers, we encourage you to create a free account for your company if one is not already created. If your company posts multiple job openings on a continuous basis, we can work with you to setup an employer feed where your jobs will post directly to the site.
Recruitment strategies are a huge focus for ASmartPlace. There are a variety of recruitment-focused events and initiatives that happened this summer and are also coming up this fall:
- ASmartPlace on the Road is our new recruitment initiative focused on taking companies on the road to colleges and universities in the southeastern region. Our first event is October 17th at Auburn University where we will talk to students from colleges of business and engineering. This is a great opportunity to get in front of identified students about internship, co-op and full time opportunities!
- This summer, ASmartPlace held two intern events where more than 200 interns attended from more than 20 different companies and 40 different colleges.
- ASmartPlace is also attending numerous career fairs to make sure students and job seekers are aware of the career opportunities in our area, as well as job postings on our search site: asmartplace.com.
- ASmartPlace recently formed a YP Council that meets periodically to discuss young professional recruitment strategies and retention objectives. This council consists of young professionals with diverse backgrounds who work in a wide variety of industries.
Supporting our school systems in Madison County is directly tied to the mission of the Workforce & Education Department at the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber. Our mission is to ensure our region has sufficient quantity and quality of talent to meet employer needs and support sustained growth. This includes immediate needs of employers and job seekers, as well as partnerships with our education community. We are proud to announce that our support and connectivity to our local education community will significantly increase during the 2019-2020 school year!
We have developed a 10-unit Career Preparedness Curriculum which is accessible online through ASmartPlace.com. This curriculum:
- Carefully follows state and national standards
- Expounds upon our local history
- Explains Smart Careers in Huntsville/Madison County
- Exposes students to thousands of local careers
- Challenges participants to consider career pathways
- Escorts students along a journey toward their future careers
Career Preparedness is a required course in the state of Alabama and all students must pass in order to graduate high school. The ASmartPlace Curriculum was created to educate and capture a focused audience and provide students with relevant information to help them make wise career-based decisions in the future. This will provide educators with a myriad of resources they can use to empower their student population. The curriculum will also provide a Teacher and Student Guide which includes a syllabus, PowerPoints for teacher-led instruction, assessments, lesson plans, and is directly connected to more than 800 career-oriented videos to help students explore.
Currently, the ASmartPlace Career Prep Curriculum is accessible to more than 54,000 students in all of Madison County. More than 5,000 students are currently enrolled in Career Prep courses and more than 60 teachers are using the online curriculum. The opportunity to provide our school systems with a student-centered, career-based Career Prep Curriculum ensures the Chamber is encouraging our future workforce while strategically supporting educators. Learn more at ASmartPlace.com today.
Look for updates from our team in each issue of Initiatives, and contact us if we can help you!